Taaooma, today, in the comic industry, has grown to become a household name, a reputation earned from playing (to include) the “nosy” mama Tao and Tao roles in her various comedy skits.
Celebrated for producing highly relatable contents, vividly representing typical Nigerian family home experiences, Taaooma continues to climb the ladder of success alongside other popular comedy artists like Mr Macaroni, Lasisi Elenu, Broda Shaggi amongst others.
Born and named Mariam Adedoyin Apaokagi, Quillcastle, in this offering, brings you 10 things you should know about this comedy amazon that continues to rank high, and earns endorsement from fans and signed brands within and outside Nigeria.
10 things you should know:
- Maryam Adedoyin Apaokagi, native of Kwara State, was born on Sunday, February 28, 1999.
- Although, she was born in Nigeria, Taaooma spent her early years in Namibia, where she had her secondary school education (in Concordia College Namibia) after a primary school education in Nigeria.
- Regarding her tertiary education, the comedy skit diva graduated with a B.Sc in Tourism and Travel Service Management from the Kwara State University, Molete, rounding up her National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) programme in 2020.
- Taaooma handles the editing of her skits, and whenever she isn’t doing this, she is eating her favorite food, Amala and Gbegiri.
- Asides producing comedy skits, she is the CEO of Chop Tao, a food outlet, and the first lady of Grenade Company, an entertainment company which she intends to begin movie production.
- For the comedienne, video editing came before her comedy venture, learning basics, from her fiancé, a video editing pro. In fact, she introduced the different shades of her Tao character, in 2015, to hone and practice her video editing expertise.
- Móńkele gained attention in 2016 and later rose to stardom in 2019 with a funny skit about African parents taking their children to school.
- Mariam, whose Taaooma stage name is now synonymous with humour is the last child of a family of 5.
- Taaooma got engaged to Abdulazeez Adedimeji-Abula on the October 30, 2020 in Namibia.
- Quillcastle learnt that she met her fiancé, a friend to her brother, when he came to observe his NYSC programme in Ilorin, the capital of Kwara State.