While the news on the demise of the revered Ikirun King, Oba Raufu Olayiwola Olawale Adedeji (II) remains shocking, in remembrance of a selfless leader and national patriot who lived an exemplary life for the people, here are five things the Quillcastle crew found about the late monarch.
5 things about the late monarch
- The late Oba Raufu Adedeji’s coronation ceremony took place on Thursday, July 5, 1990.
- During his presidency, former President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan conferred an MFR Award on the late Ikirun monarch.
- Being a devoted Muslim and in fulfilment of his Islamic faith, the late Ikirun King Raufu Adedeji performed pilgrimage to the Holy Land, Mecca, Saudi Arabia, in 2002.
- The Revered King served as the grand patron of Ibadu-Rahman Society of Nigeria and the Anwar-Ul-Islam Society, Ibadan.
- Oba Raufu Olayiwola Olawale Adedeji (II) was a philanthropist, and spent his wealth for the propagation of Islam, especially through coordinated Da’wah and humanitarian activities.
Whatelse do you know about this Late Ikirun King and lover of righteousness, Oba Raufu Adedeji? Share in comment box.