Amazon founder and billionaire, Jeff Bezos, has displaced Elon Musk to reclaim title as world’s richest man.
The Amazon founder made the overtake on Tuesday when Elon Musk’s shares slipped, serving an advantage to Jeff Bezos.
What you should know:
- Bloomberg’s Billionaire’s index ranking, explains that the overtake is as a result of a slide in Tesla shares by 2.4% erasing $4.6 billion from Elon Musk fortune.
- The Amazon founder now has a net worth of $191.2 billion at an estimate of $955million more than the Tesla chief.
- Jeff Bezos, became the world’s richest man in 2017 after displacing Bill Gate. However, he lost the spot to Tesla and SpaceX entrepreneur, Elon Musk in January.
- Elon Musk feat was as a result of Tesla’s share price hitting a market value of $700bn (£516bn) for the first time which pushed his net worth to over $185bn (£136bn).
- Musk’s latest stint as world’s richest person ended about a week after his company invested about $1.5 billion into Bitcoin.
- While Elon Musk takes the second position with a net worth of $190bn, Bill Gates remains at the world’s third-richest person with $137bn of worth.
Alade gbade re pada