Popular Nigeria-based job placement platform, Jobberman, has appointed Rolake Rosiji as new company CEO, a development that puts the organisation under the leadership of another female executive officer.
The company made the announcement in its recent press release sent to media houses across the country.
Saddled with the responsibility to lead the company, Rolake is expected to continue the work of establishing Jobberman as the primary platform for job searching, talent acquisition and transforming workplace productivity across Nigeria.
Jobberman is a technology-driven platform, using digital tools to connect over 1 million job seekers to prospective employers.
Commenting on her appointment, Rolake pledged to invest her wealth of experience in driving the company’s growth.
She said: “This is a very exciting chapter in my career and I am delighted to be joining such a passionate and innovative team. Jobberman has built a brand of excellence by using technology to revolutionise the recruitment sector.
“I look forward to steering the company vision to build a market of greater technology adoption, democratic access and transparency that will tackle dominant challenges, notably youth unemployment and underemployment.
“It is a privilege for me to be at the helm of this dynamic team as we set out to empower job seekers with key skills and improve workplace productivity for employers in Nigeria.”
The newly appointed CEO has a decade of global experience in strategic leadership and operational excellence.
Prior to her appointment, she led the technology and sales operations for credit financed smartphones and solar power sets as Country Manager of M-KOPA Nigeria.
Before M-KOPA, the new CEO served as Head of Strategy & Business Development for Arla Foods Africa, where she developed distribution and joint venture partnerships across West Africa to rapidly scale up sales and worked in Corporate Strategy roles in Denmark and the USA.
What you should know:
- Jobberman was founded in August, 2009 by three Nigerian undergraduates to cater for companies’ demand for quality employees and fill the job search gap in Nigeria.
- The Nigeria-based job and career platform added a Ghana branch in 2012.
- In 2015, Jobberman was acquired 100% by One Africa Media (OAM) in a merger roll-up arrangement that earned previous shareholders of Jobberman shares in OAM.
- The following year, (2016) OAM merged with Ringier Africa to become Ringier One Africa Media (ROAM) and owns a suite of online marketplaces across Africa including M-KOPA, Rolake’s previous workplace.
- Before the end of 2019, the three co-founders and shareholders of Jobberman moved on from the startup into other engagement: Olalekan Olude went on to cofound CicoServe Payments Limited, a fintech startup; Ayodeji Adewunmi joined Gokada in 2019 for a short time; Awoyemi Opeyemi joined global recruitment platform, Indeed.com and co-founded other startupsTalentQL with Techpoint CEO, Adewale Yusuf, and Sultan Akintunde of DevCareers.
- Jobberman acquired NG Careers last year, 2020, consolidating its leadership at the apex of Nigeria’s recruitment tech company.