JOB VACANCY IN LAGOS: Afroplitan Group, a CAAS headquartered in San Fransisco, California, seeks to engage the services of a Social Media Content Creator.
Industry: Entertainment Providers
Employment type: Contract (3months)
About Afroplitan Group
Afropolitan Group is a Community As A Service Company (CAAS) headquartered in San Francisco, California.
Afropolitan Group was founded because of the lack of opportunities, resources and unique experiences available for members of the African Diaspora community.
This is why we’ve zeroed in on curating a seamless experience in Travel, Events, and Media.
Who we are looking for:
- An expertise in Social Media Platforms like Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, and TikTok is a must.
- This role is ideal for someone with Content Creation and Communications experience
- The role reports directly to the Digital Marketing Lead.
- Understand the brand vision and craft unique storytelling experiences.
- Creating content, including text posts, blog writing, video, and images for use on social media.
- Direct and edit compelling content for all social media platforms to build brand awareness, drive engagement, and increase follower-ship
- Create and edit all written and visual content for video publishing.
- Research competitive landscape to identify seasonal trends, strategic initiatives, best practices, and innovative content opportunities.
- Develop, prioritize, and pitch creative content ideas to Marketing.
- Lead that align with editorial objectives and prioritize storytelling.
- Assist with the design of promotional materials.
- Developing new social media strategies and campaigns.
- Follow style guidelines and best practices for structured content
Qualifications/Requirements (unless you convince us otherwise)
- Minimum 3-year experience at a digital media outlet, publication, agency, or other relevant content-producing experience.
- Demonstrated experience conceptualizing and executing impactful, engaging creative across platforms.
- Proficiency in Canva and other photo- and video-related softwares (Adobe Creative Suite is a plus).
- Ability to write and edit descriptions and on-screen captions for video content.
- Experience writing blog posts and newsletters.
- The capacity to work independently and collaboratively.
- Native or Fluent English language is a MUST.
This role will be a contractual full-time role for 3 months, with possible extension for full-time employment based on performance.